Prepare to get extremely excited guys, I know this might be a little overwhelming for some of you so please take a deep breath. Okay, are you ready? Drum roll please. I have added BUTTONS to my website. Wow I know, the moment you have all been waiting for and I’m sure you are all preparing the party as we speak. After hours of hard labour I have finally added my social networking icons along the right hand side of my website. I no longer have to occasionally ask you to follow me on Twitter at the bottom of my posts, although I’ll probably still do that let’s be honest. Photoshop has been my best friend tonight and do hope you think they look pretty, if you don’t I’ll cry. I’d love to have any feedback on the design! Now down to the nitty gritty, they are actually there for a purpose other than to just look nice.
Bloglovin’ – Seem as though GFC will soon to be dead to us, it would be great if you could follow me on here otherwise goodbye hearing when I update my blog. I actually deleted all my GFC contacts earlier by accident so that would explain why you are a follower down, it was a mistake. But there really is no point me re-following everyone as it’ll only be Bloglovin’ soon anyway. I follow everyone who follows me!
Twitter – I am actually quite a Twitter fiend and I find it great for networking. I join in with the #bbloggers conversations when I’m around and generally post updates about my life/blog.
Urturn – Now this is the one only a few of you have probably heard of. It is kind of Pinterest meets Facebook meets Instagram and I love it. I might do a blog post entirely dedicated to Urturn when I’ve played around with it more (as you can see I have absolutely nothing on it at the moment). But watch this space as it’s a great new fun website to check out!
Instagram: Generally consists of pictures of my food and cats, it is my personal account as opposed to specifically made for my blog (like I did for Twitter) but I will happily follow anyone back!
Mail: Links to my brand new shiny contacts page. Just in case you want to send me a message of course.
YouTube: I’m really not sure how my YouTube future will go, it might be a fad for me and I’ll stick to blogging only but you never know I might get into the video making. I do love editing and find it nice to talk infront of a camera so we will see!
Will be lovely to hear from you all in the world of social networking!
I am back with another monthly favourites and this month I’ve had a lot to rave about, especially in the skin/body care department. I’ve tried to be fair and think about the entire month as opposed to just the last week because I have found a few potential holy grails since my birthday haul (HERE) but maybe they will make an appearance in April. I have neglected my hair this month on the product front with absolutely no hair goods featuring but I rarely find something that actually makes my hair nice so I’ve kind of given up. Before I forget if you would like to see a YouTube video of my March Favourites as well as my blog post let me know in the comment box. Let’s get to it!
1) On and on Bronze Color Tattoo by Maybelline (£4.99). I picked this up early on in the month and I have used it so much since. I am incredibly lazy especially in the mornings getting ready for a lecture and this has been my saviour for those lazy days. It is so quick to apply but looks like you have put some serious effort into your eyeshadow blending. I’m not sure about the 24 hour claim (who wears makeup for that long at a time?!) but it really does last all day without creasing. It is a gorgeous shade and I’m determined to go back and get some more as they have some others colours which I have been eyeing up. If you want a full review of this let me know as I feel I have a ton more to say!
2) Colorburst Lip Butters by Revlon (£7.99). These have had a lot of hype and I really see why. I am a big fan of moisturising lip products for an everyday use and these manage to moisturise whilst maintaining a good colour payoff, a rare achievement. The colours are really buildable so you can have them from being quite sheer to real statement lips. I have Candy Apple, Sweet Tart and Tutti Frutti (I clearly loved them if I went back to buy more). They are long lasting and so easy to apply and have become a real staple in my handbag.
3) Instant Boost Skin Tonic by Liz Earle (£13.25). To be honest I’ve never really seen the point in toner, I know the science behind it and I do use one but kind of always felt it was a con. I never saw any effects or felt any different by using one. It was a bit of a chore using as what is the point in using something which seems pointless. However this month, EVERYTHING changed (cue dramatic music). This toner is heavenly and is the most enjoyable step to my skincare regime. It is so refreshing and makes my skin feel instantly hydrated and refreshed. I don’t think I’ve ever used a product which is genuinely a pleasure to use but now I have. Whenever my skin feels slightly grimy or clogged this just makes me feel so much better. Love this.
4) Eight Hour Cream by Elizabeth Arden. This is actually a sample which came in my March Glossybox. On that note I let you all down by not reviewing my March Glossybox. I didn’t forget I just was very busy with essays when it arrived and kind of let it slip. I considered doing it the other day but it just felt a little late so sorry glossybox fans. However this was my favourite product from the box. I left this as a kind of mask on my face overnight and I woke up and saw instant results. I had slight scarring on my cheek due to old picked spots (woops) and I have tried everything to get rid of them and finally after just one night they had basically vanished. This was a good few weeks ago and they have still gone so this really is a miracle product. Not sure if I’ll buy the full sized product, maybe if I get some money!
5) Satsuma Body Butter by The Body Shop. I wrote about buying a pack of three of these for a tenner in my high street haul at the beginning of the month (HERE) and this has been the stand out one of the pack. I absolutely love fruity smells, I much prefer them to spiced or sweet smells as they just make me feel so refreshed. And this is very fruity. It is probably a bit of a love or hate scent but I love it and it makes me feel like a giant healthy tangerine.
6) Bubblegum Lip Scrub by Lush (£5.25). I also bought this during that very successful high street haul and it is amazing. I find this product really fun, it is rare I find a lip scrub or any kind of scrub for that matter fun but this really is. Not only does it taste amazing but it really does the job too. Instantly after using this my lips feel softer and make the job of putting any lip product on a lot easier. Although it is pretty expensive I can see this lasting a long while, well unless I fulfil that craving to get a spoon and just eat this…
That is everything for this month and I hope you have enjoyed reading. Please let me know whether you’d like a video for this or whether you have heard all you need to. Don’t forget to check out my YouTube HERE.
This is my first product review in a while and I apologise for that; I have had a pretty busy week with general catching up with people and my birthday! However, don’t worry there are plenty on the way and one is starting today, the Stila All You Need is Love Palette (they don’t capitalise the words on the packet and this bugs me).This is a beautiful blush I received for my birthday from a friend. This is limited edition however it is on ASOS selling at a reasonable price of £12 HERE so catch it whilst you still have time!
The blush comes in a small cardboard box measuring about 6x6cm and inside is the palette. The plastic container is sturdy and shuts firmly, for me there is nothing more annoying than a palette which doesn’t shut properly, especially for travelling. This would be an ideal blush for popping in your bag as it is small and slim. The palette itself is divided into four sections, with each containing a golden raised area spelling ‘love’ and this is a gorgeous touch. Sadly the gold erases pretty much with first use which is a shame but hey it is the thought which counts.
I have swatched the colours above and although fairly similar at first sight they all have a slightly different hue of pink. The colour in the top left is a rose-gold pink which is very shimmery and definitely adds the highlight to the palette. The top right is a bubble gum pink and is very pigmented especially for a lighter shade which don’t tend to show up as well. The bottom left is a deeper hue and is the least pigmented of the four colours with the last being a dark park. When applied I swirled these all together however it is possible to use them as an individual colour, although you would need a much smaller brush. All the colours have quite a lot of sparkle to them, which doesn’t show up particularly clearly on the photo but looking at my arm now it is covered in a slight glitter. If you don’t want shimmer this palette is not for you as it certainly doesn’t give a matte effect.
However I love this shimmer. It adds an absolutely gorgeous highlight and there really is no need to even reach for a highlighter when using this palette. It is perfect for a travelling handbag and seem as though I pretty much live out of a bag nowadays this is a great blush for me. In the photograph above I have applied quite a lot of product to show up on the camera however this can be much more subtly worn for a daytime look. I have really enjoyed using this blush as it a great standard pink blush and they tend to be my favourite.
Let me know what you think of this blush. I really do recommend you go out and buy it whilst it is still on Asos (apologies for encouraging spending) but it really is worth it. A great birthday present and a great new blush to add to my collection!
Hello, long time no speak. Okay it has only been a few days but this is far too many for me. I have been busy, busy, busy with birthday celebrations and staring at all my uni bags to unpack. But I am back but not back properly sadly as I am not writing a real blog post tonight. This is what I’d call a fake blog post and this makes me sad. I will be back tomorrow and blog my little heart out as I feel I have a lot to review/catch up on at the moment but my life is all slightly uncomplicated as my make up is all boxed away.
However today I could have easily done a blog post but decided to do something a little different. Armed with my camera, a haul and my tripod I made a video which I have stuck on YouTube. My aim has always been to transfer over to YouTube (obviously keeping up my blog at the same time) as I study film and love film editing. This was all a bit spontaneous though so please do tell me what you think. Any subscribers would be well and truly accepted and to spread the word would be extra kind.
Now you’ve watched me ramble on about recent purchases it is time you heard the winner of my NARS Blush Giveaway. If you follow me on Twitter I’m sure you have already seen but this winner is Gemma from Miss Makeup Magpie so a massive well done to her. Luster by Nars is on its way to her as we speak.
Thank you so much everyone who entered my giveaway, I was completely overwhelmed with how many entries it received so a massive massive thank you.
Today was an incredibly exciting day for me. I wrote a little while ago about my birthday present from my dad being a massive John Lewis high end make up haul; the link to my wish list is HERE. I ended up going a little bit away from my wish list but got some really amazing products which I simply cannot wait to use! It is actually my birthday tomorrow, but my dad let me take them today as I won’t be round his on the actual day.
Also before I start, a MASSIVE thank you to all the people who have not only entered my NARS Blush competition but have also advertised it in one way or another. It has been lovely to wake up to more and more followers each day! If you are interested the competition is still open for just one more day so click HERE!
Now to my haul. I was unleashed with two hundred pounds (generous and lucky I know) and ran around John Lewis, Selfridges and House of Fraser like a very ecstatic headless chicken. I aimed to get the best from my favourite brands, the products they are really known for. This was not a random spending spree, oh no this was an educated and organised spree where I only bought products which have hype. I’ll just do a quick look at each item and maybe in the future I will review each one by one (you have lots to look forward to you lucky readers you).
Naked Palette by Urban Decay: Such a classic item which is a necessary in everyone’s make up collection and finally it has reached mine. I have the Undressed Palette by MUA which is a well known dupe and I was slightly hesitant as to whether it would be worth spending so much more money but oh my god it is amazing. First impressions are brilliant, it is so much more pigmented. People make out there is no difference between this and the MUA palette but trust me there is. I also got a little primer potion free which is brilliant as I was planning on buying it separately!
The Porefessional by Benefit: I hadn’t actually sampled this product but had heard amazing things. When the sales assistant put a little on my hand I was sold already, it is so silky smooth and I can see why this is raved about. Also got an eye cream free!
Browzings by Benefit: I don’t actually use an eyebrow product at the moment, tut tut Sally and this is possibly because I’ve been so intimidated by the amount of choice there is with brows. I don’t even know where to start. But I’m hoping this kit really help me out as it kind of looks like a nice all in one. I got this in the shade medium.
Exhibit A by NARS: I bit the bullet and did it, got the loudest blush they have. I literally spent about fifteen minutes choosing between this, sin and luster, awkwardly trying to get the sales assistant’s attention so she could come rescue me from all the choice. She put a tiny bit of Exhibit A on my face and I fell in love. This is a BEAUTIFUL colour especially on my pale skin, so so happy with this purchase and another gem to add to my growing NARS collection.
217 Brush by MAC: I really wanted a multi-use eye brush to go with my new Naked Palette and the 217 seemed perfect. Pretty much everyone and their dog seem to own this brush and I can see why, it is ridiculously soft and lovely!
Creme Cup Lipstick by MAC: This was more of a spontaneous purchase than the rest but I really felt like a MAC lipstick. Creme Cup is a really good everyday colour and the texture is nice too. Think I’ll report back on this one!
Creamy Concealer by Bobbi Brown: I actually got recommended this very kindly by Vivianna Does Makeup as I desperately need a concealer for under my eyes. I got very roped in by the persistant sales assistant, very helpful but also quite a bit pressure. After she had basically done my entire face make up I couldn’t really leave empty handed. It is really pricey and I hope I’ve made the right choice with this product.
Invisible Pores Detox Mask by REN: I hadn’t intended to buy any skincare today but I saw REN and couldn’t resist. Essiebutton loves these face masks and I thought I would try one for myself. I can’t wait to use this. It was pretty expensive at £18 so I’m hoping it lasts because it isn’t the worlds biggest bottle.
Instant Boost Skin Tonic by Liz Earle: Casually was chilling by the Liz Earle counter when my dad announced he had interviewed her, as you do. I have used the cleanser for about a month now and noticed dramatic differences in my skin so the toner really was on my wish list.
Blush Brush by Real Techniques: With ten pounds in my pocket, I headed to good old boots and picked up this lovely brush to use with my new blusher. This is the softest brush I have possibly ever felt and I already love my Real Techniques brushes so I’m sure I can’t go wrong!
Overall I had such a brilliant day out shopping and I’m so excited to try all of my products. Please leave me any comments if you want anything specifically reviewed/swatched etc. Don’t hesitate to ask!